HERE ARE SOME THINGS ALL PARISHIONERS CAN DO IN OUR COMMUNITY TO HELP MAKE OUR PARISH VISION A REALITY!
"To welcome all, build connections to Christ
and one another, and live our faith
as true disciples of Jesus."
- Come to Mass a little early and introduce yourself to the head usher.
- Offer to greet parishioners coming to Mass or to assist with the Offertory Collection.
- Consider sitting in a different place at Mass. Reach out and introduce yourself to a pew mate. Learn the name of someone you don’t know.
- Come down to the Coffee Shop after a Sunday Mass. Introduce yourself to a stranger. Invite someone to sit with you. Pay for the coffee of the person behind you.
- Introduce yourself to a Coffee Shop volunteer. Offer to join a Coffee Shop Team or to just help out as needed.
- Invite a neighbor, friend, or family member to join you at Mass some Sunday.
BUILD CONNECTIONS TO CHRIST AND ONE ANOTHER
LIVE OUR FAITH AS TRUE DISCIPLES OF JESUS
- Intentionally pray for the needs in the Mary Chapel Basket.
- Read the daily Scripture each morning.
- Join a Parish Faith Sharing Group or the Prayer Shawl Ministry.
- Volunteer to teach or assist with a Religious Education class.
- Join the Parish Choir.
- Volunteer to read at the Children’s Liturgy of the Word.
- Attend a Marriage Encounter Weekend.
- Consider receiving a Sacrament you might have missed.
- Reach out to a friend and share the story of your faith.
- Say “yes” the next time someone asks for your help.
- Read something new about the Catholic Faith.
- Prayerfully ask yourself, “What is God calling me to?” Listen and respond to the answer.
- Donate to the “Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry” every month, pray passionately for the poor and suffering, make dessert for the next Mustard Seed Meal, volunteer for the next service week at the Interfaith Hospitality Network, visit the Adoration Chapel and listen for God’s call.
- Call Annie Doyle at our parish office today to have a conversation about how to grow as a disciple within the community of St. George.